SMILE! Company Objectives ...
Our Company Mission
• A Company that provides top quality services through its valued, loyal, creative people, changing business through recession.
• A Company that acts in a responsible way, by eliminating its bi-product from business activities, through responsible waste control and a neutral impact to the environment.
• A Company that delivers it services through always striving for excellence, being satisfied that its employees enjoy their jobs and clients expectations are always exceeded through delivery of cost effective, Safe & Quality services that are right first time.
Our Company Values
• To provide quality products and services 'First time'.
• To deliver the necessary levels of client satisfaction that drive repeat business and maintain clients for life.
• To employ and retain staff who are hard-working and determined to see the job through to successful completion.
MMS was formed in June 2005 initially providing Electrical Installations works from our office base in the East Midlands. In 2007 we expanded our fields and established our Gas & Mechanical services division.
In 2008 we partnered with Carillion-Enterprise on what was the Central Regional
Prime Contract to provide mechanical and electrical planned and response maintenance covering Gamecock and Whittington Barracks. We now operate our central admin team from our Gamecock office. In 2013 we were approached to take on an additional site as part of this contract, DSG Donnington near Telford, in which we now have another local site office and offer additional services covering specialist areas such as Catering and Industrial Door servicing gaining membership to the Door & Hardware Federation.
In August 2011 we further expanded our mechanical & electrical services and now provide consultancy services for our clients.
On the 1st February 2015 we mobilised a new contract, again covering mechanical and electrical planned and response maintenance works, covering a large area of the new NGEC MoD contract and now have an additional local site office based at RAF Wyton. It was at this time that we also established our fabric maintenance services and our fire alarm services division and became BAFE accredited.
In April 2015 we succeeded in securing additional work to maintain a highly specialist contract which was carefully mobilised to ensure continuity of services to this high priority establishment.
From the 1st April 2016 we will be mobilising another new contract, this time covering an area of the south east NGEC MoD contract where MMS will see an additional 2 sites and approx. 30 staff transfer into the business. We have every expectation that this new contract will be as successful as our current contracts.
• New Mains Incomer & Power Filter
• Switchgear & LV Distribution
• Secure Small Power Installation
• Photometric Lighting
• Fire & Security Systems
• Data & Comms Infrastructure
• Earthing & Lightning Protection
• Close Control Air Conditioning
• Displacement Ventilation System
• Chilled Water Installation
• Radiant Heating
• Hot and Cold Water Services
• Sanitary Installations
• Automated Controls / BMS
Here at MMS we've updated our company objectives for 2017. They are still simple but make us SMILE!
Sustainable Delivery, by managing productivity, planning of work and materials to ensure that our time is productive and the purchase of materials is at cost effective rates.
Manage and Work Safely, supporting our customer and external advisors so making a continuous effort to review, plan and carry out work safely, considering what works well and not so well, consider what can we do differently?
Image, we must present ourselves in a courteous manner to our client and end user, we should wear clean and approved work wear at all times and keep vehicles that are provided to you clean and tidy.
Lead by Example, working with each other, in helpful and respectful ways and provide clear communication to and from manager, peers, co-workers and our regional prime administrators who have the challenging task of ensuring we meet performance targets.
Effective Solutions, A continuous review of the actual cost of jobs and consider different ways of working to achieve a cost less than our average job pack value.
Lisa Joined MMS in June 2015 to assist in the mobilisation of a new contract having been part of MoD contracts since 2007. Lisa holds Facilities, Legionella & Construction Management qualifications and is a registered member of the Chartered Institute of Building.
Richard TUPE transferred into MMS in February of 2015 as a mechanical OFTEC engineer looking after the heating systems on one of our sites. Since then he has progressed to a site supervisor and has since been promoted to Operations Manager of our South East Region.
Matthew TUPE transferred into MMS in April 2015 as a B&CE engineer looking after the fabric maintenance requirements of one of our sites. He has since been promoted to Additional Works Manager and is now responsible for pricing and delivering a large portfolio of project works.
On the 6th July 2016 MMS were delighted to be invited to attend the ‘Sappers V ...
26 Oak Business Centre
Midland Management Services Ltd
The Forest Rock Offices
Tel: 01509 236872 Fax: 01509 649537
Company Registration: 5471064
VAT Registration: 864 5478 83.
Welcome to Midland Management Services